Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The best day in 2008!

Adrienne came yesterday! And it was indeed the best day of 2008 so far. We had our 'yearly' visit. It was so much fun. I ran to hug her when they got here. We played outside for a few, the boys had been cooped up in the van for awhile, so they needed to blow off some energy. Then it was juice and snack time. They played really well and Hunter woke up from his nap early to join in the fun!
Then they had lunch and after which we took them back outside-no way were they getting to eat freezies indoors, lol. So the four boys had a blast, Adrienne and I sat with Gabrielle (and Luis too!) and watched, snapping pictures and taking videos of as much as we could. We Bush bashed and discussed politics and doctors, lol, us style, no holds barred. We watched Luis be a Cuban Merri-Go-Round for the boys. Poor Canadian entertainment-the best kind! They got soaked in the pool and Spongebob sprinkler-best 12 bucks I ever spent, I have to say. Luis soaked me with the hose, but he was no match for Adrienne. The boys were caked in mud and grass, so in they went for a group shower. Then they dried off and played, watched movies in the boys' room, and had dinner. Luis cooked for us all, he was so sweet to play host so I could just enjoy hanging out with my best friend. We had an awesome steak dinner by the way, followed by MORE coffee, some buttertarts, and of course, topped off with Vex. Which of course made me giggle. My boys went to bed, as did GG and then A's boys and I mastered the DoddlePro-which I rock at, have to brag. Her boys crash and I mean CRASHED.
It was an awesome day, great memories, and a great time. I miss her already, and she has been gone for 13 hours!

No comments: