Wednesday, August 27, 2008

THOSE People.

ARRRRRGGGHHHH!
Whew, feels great to get that off my chest. Wondering what has me all irritable? An American. One of those Americans.
I find nothing as irritating as self righteous Americans who always think that they and their points of view on the way this world works is right. I am sick of Americans who think that their way of life is perfect. Hellloooo can we say 'George Bush'??? Need I say more?
On a message board I belong to we were discussing healthcare. There are few Canadians and MANY Americans on this board. Most had the common courtesy to ask questions about our healthcare. Others made judgements. WHich I was offended by but did not voice that. Part of me was dying to say this:
"Stupid American, we are nieghbours, we up here are taught about you guys down there, but you guys know nothing about our way of life!"
But I knew better. That was just the irritated me talking, best to tone it down and not speak out of anger. So I posted my true opinion on healthcare here vs. there. That is all. I stated that it was MY opinion, meaning not me trying to say who is right and who is wrong. Well don't you know it, miss Mighty Britches got 'offended'. Puh-lease. Get over it! I am ALLOWED to disagree with you, I am ALLOWED to state my opinion. And OF COURSE she is jumping on me-she didn't once jump on an opinionated American! ALl because what-she works in healthcare over there so she is offended??? On what grounds, you retred, read it again I said nothing offensive! But of course, I kept my next reply polite. I was in another thread about the same subject and THAT was when I got offended. THis broad has talked to ONE person, who gave a totally disillusioned point of view, and that is ALL she had to back her opinion up. Get real! That's it??? And it wasn't even valid!
Again, this attitude coming from a someone whose country is always at war with somebody, a country who won't stand for being invaded and having their own killed, yet day after day send their own overseas to kill and be killed-for SEVEN YEARS! A country where you go broke trying to keep your family healthy. I mean come on, all is well in the upper, maybe even middle class, but what about the middle-lower and lower classes??? How are they supposed to stay healthy AND out of debt. Be realistic. And what our doctors over here are somehow worse than in the USA b/c we have free healthcare??? How often here I ask you, do you hear of malpractise suits? And in the USA? I rest my case.
SOME people need to stop being so foolish. At least I have been in the US, been in their hospitals, and am educated enough on the topic at hand to make a valid argument, and an informed opinion. SOME people have no business even speaking. And really, if I had wanted any shit from you, I'd have squeezed your head!

Oh and by the way:
George Bush.
Need I say more?

No comments: