Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bins Bins Bins!

How do you keep your recyclables and garbage organized in your home?
We use our outdoor shed for our blue box, our green compost bin, and I have a white tall and narrow rubbermaid bin in there for cardboard and paper only. I put tin and glass and plastics in my bluebin, seeing as our trucks don't have categories, they dump it all in the same spot. So OUTSIDE we are organized...inside is a different story. I have my countertop compost bucket that I HATE. It takes up way too much space. Then there is my big garbage can that I love, bright orange, lol. But as for my recyclables....well they get put on top of the microwave, onto the counter, on the floor by the door, anywhere, until I have the time to walk them outside at the end of the day. My kitchen is the entry to our home, so there is very little room for clutter let alone extras of anything. I am trying to find some bin that is appealing to the eye, functional and a decent enough size for my kitchen to put all thesse things in. This stuff is taking over what counter space I do have!!! Any suggestions or ideas? It needs to have a lid to keep the babies out, it can't be round like a garbage can, because then I wouldn't be able to fit certain items in it, and I would like it to have a removeable insert so that I can carry it out to my recycling center outside.

No comments: