Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I WON!

I won three auctions on ebay!!! I am such a firsttimer!

One set will become my first quilt, another will be a mail bag style purse for myself, and the other will be a quilt for Gabriella. I can't wait to get started! I am so inspired by these fabrics, it's crazy. Some friends of mine reccommended these designers to me, Alli and Nomiand I am so thankful. Nothing is better than sitting at my sewing machine and stepping on that pedal with a new project between my fingers. The stress of my day, the kids complaining all melts away as my excitement to complete a project takes over. A wonderful feeling it is to hold up something you have made with your own hands and exclaim "I did it!". It helps to have an awesome hubby who takes just as much pride as you do in your accomplishments. I have neglected my sewing lately, not for lack of inspiration but rather lack of energy and time. I have a diaper bag that is halfway through getting all the pieces of fabric cut. Okay almost halfway...okay okay a third of the way...don't I feel sheepish! And to be honest I am more excited over the quilt that I will soon be starting, simply b/c I have never done one before.
Well it is off for me...I have a terrible infection in my left upper and lower jaw and ear and the pain is overwhelming. Off to the doc I go at 2pm today.

No comments: