Thursday, August 28, 2008

It is Thursday...too bad it's not friday!

So...not much plans so far for the holiday weekend. The date Luis and I were supposed to go on a little while ago never happened-my parents ended up seperating instead-long story. Saturday the stage is set, we are going out to dance and laugh the night away, kid and worry free. Tonight however, I work. And tomorrow night as well. I am going out to do a bit of shopping first though, on my own, uninterrupted. A rarity, but necessary, seeing as I never get to buy clothes that fit or make-up that is the right color when a child is tugging at my pant leg or crying to be 'uppie'. I am looking forward to it like you wouldn't believe! I need some new make up and a stop and the lingerie store (grabbing something for the big date!) and Guess is still having their really awesome 50% off sale-that is the only way I can afford that store. SO wish me fun and luck in finding what I am looking for.

Thankfully my week has slowed down a bit for me, I have FINALLY caught up with the laundry and thanks to Luis, the housework too. He has been awesome-ly helpful on nights I work, making sure I do NOT come home to a dirty kitchen...or bathroom. The latter took some encouragement and kind words to get him to step up.

I had an awesome weekend last weekend, hard to top. I finally got to meet one of his sisters, Cristina. I was thrilled to find she was not at all how Luis had described! She was sweet and warm, open and caring. Gabriella fell in love right away, gracing her with the longest hug I think she has ever given. Hunter warmed up, but it was her son Cristopher that he fell in love with-a new buddy and cousin. Luis and I had a really great visit with them, it was sad it was so short. But in a few weeks we will get together again, and I am looking forward to it.

What else is new? Oh, today is my baby brother's 17th birthday-now that makes me feel old. Nicholas is starting to grow up and mature into a fine young man. I was a little worried, I must say, for the longest time he was not showing any signs of independance or desire to detatch himself from our mother. But he has started and it is great to watch him grow-you would never know now that we hated each other growing up!

1 comment:

~A~ said...

You are a busy busy woman!! Kudos on doing everything that you do! working and being a Mommy is definitely not an easy job! I hope you and Luis have a wonderful time on your date!!