Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Crash!

Luis was in an accident.
He left for work at 6am. He should have been at Ray's to pick him up 10 minutes later.Ray called me at 7:00am asking where he was, complaining they were late and he was to meet the builder in 5 minutes grrr.I panicked. I told him he left over an hour ago. Ray panicked. TOld me to go driving and find him (Ray lost his lisence).I got the kids up and in the car and left. I went the way Luis showed me that he takes.Luis wasn't there.As I turned up the hill toward Ray's I see flashy lights in my rearview.My stomach lurched. I got to Ray's tols him to get in I knew he was in an accident and don't want to go alone.
I get to the flashy lights...there is my car. My car with the smashed front driver's bumper. THere is Luis talking to a cop. My tired hard working Luis. I was already crying (I have a severe anxiety problem among other things) and started to cry harder.I get out and go over to him. Apparently he was making a right turn at the intersection, his light was green, and the old guy ran a red going straight and hit Luis.THe old guy says HIS light was green and he was going straight and that LUIS turned right on red (Still legal) but didn't look and LUIS was speeding.
NO WAY!I know my car. If you speed on a right turn two things can happen-a) you spin out and hit the pole, or it shoots you in the other lane.AND if Luis 'sped' out in front of him, he would have hit the BACK of my car, NOT the front. Luis had to be slowly turning right in order to have the guy hit my front driver's side bumper. SO the old guy is a liar!!!
BUT b/c Luis was the one turning that automatically puts him in the wrong. And the cops wouldn't check the camera (we have cameras over every intersection here).WE HAVE NO INSURANCE!But luis handed our expired car over and then talked the cop to the point of getting arrested but they never noticed my insurance was NIL and void. THANKD FRIGGIN LORD.So Luis got off with $110.00 fine. But if this old guy turns around and tries to make a claim WE ARE FUCKED. Ray lit a smoke and I grabbed one of James' out of the car and lit up. I had two drags that is it. But at this point I was crying, mad, relieved, scared, and so much adrenaline was pumping through me I could hear my blood rush in my ears, so either smoke, or puke and pass out.Luis went to give me hell but Ray jumped in and told him to back off, I had a bad scare, leave me alone.
NOW...the night before Papa died I knew he was going to, I had a dream my stepdad died. A bad Omen. The next morning I woke to a call before 7am-come ssay goodbye.A few nights before my Uncle Jim dropped dead I had a dream that Roger died again. I wake up to a before 7am phone call-Jim died.Night before last I was rubbing Luis' back and had the worst daynightmare-my mom died (person close to me) and looked down at Luis and thought 'I love him so much'.When I woke up this morning at 6am he was just leaving and I had an awful feeling in my stomach. The phone rang right at 7am...
Is that creepy or what?

No comments: