Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Thanks Heavens it is Thursday

Cause I am soooo looking forward to going to work tonight. I am at the end of my rapidly fraying rope. Yesterday was nothing but stress. And then today, after a night of tossing and turning, I get up to Hunter-Gabriel-child from hell. He is up to his usual spitting out of milk EVERYWHERE. I am so sick of the smell of milk and having to scrub my floor all day and change him into 50 different outfits and an extra load of wash because of it! I have chastised, yelled, time outed, spanked...I don't know what else to do. I don't get WHY he does it, cause the moment i catch him he sits on his bum and starts wimpering, cause he knows he is in trouble. I am frustrated with that.
And then for days now I have had someone* tell me, more than once, that they could do a much better job raising my kids, and that my kids would never act up if said person* was the one raising them. This from someone who only had TWO kids-that were 7 years apart! I laugh out of frustration, and think to myself "ha, I remember what you were like, you never played with me, never did much of anything with me once my baby brother was born! You never had patience, so don't preach at me." The other half of me is arrogant and thinks "yeah right lady, let's see you do what I do all day long, let's see if you can survive 3 kids under 5 years old. "
I do my best most of the time. But then comes one week every six weeks where I have had enough. I don't want to hear crying and complaining and the 'i wants' and 'he did this and he did that....' I don't want to change another diaper, or soothe a screaming kid. Sometimes, as much as I do love my kids very much, I want to run away. Not forever, just for a vacation. I want to sit on a sandy beach and worry about nothing but tan lines. I want a bottomless drink and to watch the sun rise and set in quiet. I want to sleep in till noon, and wake up to a mani pedi and a facial, wihile being served fruit by a half naked exotic excessively almost illegaly gorgeous muscle man. I love my children. That is the mantra I repeat in this, my week of hormonal hell. I will feel better in a few more days. For now....let me be miserable in peace please, let me make it through my misery without comments from those who as much as they care are really clueless indeed.

No comments: